SearchBlox Version 9.1
Minimum requirement for SearchBlox is 4 CPU / 16GB RAM / 250 GB SSD Disk
Highlights of Version 9.1
- Using Open Distro for Elasticsearch - an 100% open-source Apache 2.0-licensed distribution of Elasticsearch
- Upgrade to Java 11
- Ready to use Kibana installation
- New Alerting feature to get notifications from changes in Elasticsearch index
- SQL Access for Elasticsearch data
- Automatic relevance boosting for popular documents/urls
- Security enhancements for default data encryption for index at rest/in-transit
- Compliance for GDPR, HIPAA, PCI and ISO
- New Faceted Search UI that can be used out of the box or embedded in any website/application for search access
- Performance Improvements for speed
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I do an in-place upgrade from an older SearchBlox version?
No. You cannot do an in-place upgrade as this is a major release with Java 11 and Elasticsearch version 6.6.2.
Can I migrate my SearchBlox Configuration file?
Yes, you can migrate the existing SearchBlox configuration file (8.6) to the new 9.0 version.
Can I migrate my search indexes from an older Searchblox version?
No. You cannot migrate the existing indexes due to major changes within Elasticsearch version 6.6.2.
do i need to install java 11?
Yes, you will need to install Java 11 using the instructions provided on our installation guide.
will my existing searchblox license key work with version 9.0?
Yes, your current SearchBlox License Key will work with version 9.0.
why did searchblox move to open distro for elasticsearch?
Open Distro for Elasticsearch offers a 100% open source Apache 2.0 license and provides features for security, alerting and performance.