Reduce customer support costs while improving the customer experience with SearchAI Answers.
According to Tech Crunch, smart speakers had a record year in 2019. Sales reached almost $150M, up 70% from 2018. So if you don’t already offer a voice chatbot for your website, it’s time to reconsider. After all, voice offers a number of business advantages:
- Greater reach. Not only do more people own smart speakers, but the people who own them own more of them In fact, according to NPR’s 2020 Smart Audio Report, 29% of smart speaker owners now own three or more of the devices. So you can reach potential customers in the kitchen, the living room and their bedroom, providing on-demand service.
- Improved CX. Voice chatbots provide instant answers 24/7. Users love the convenience and efficiency of multitasking: paying a credit card bill while making dinner, getting the weather forecast while changing a diaper, listening to the news while opening the mail.
- Reduced customer support costs. Smart speaker owners talk to their devices as though they’re talking to another human. In fact, in 2017 Google found that 41% of people who own a voice-activated speaker say it feels like talking to a friend or another person. And the bot’s limitless ability to answer questions means you can scale support operations at a reduced cost.
- Increase sales. Right now, we’re only seeing the tip of the eCommerce iceberg for voice chatbots. But UK-based Juniper Research predicts that voice commerce will exceed $80B per year by 2023.
- Optimize for search. Experts widely quote a stat from Comscore, a data and analytics company, that predicts that 50% of all searches will be voice search in 2020. If you haven’t optimized for voice SEO yet, what are you waiting for?
How to Add a Voice Chatbot to Your Website
Smart speakers are essentially chatbots with a voice recognition system that can handle complex interactions, including fetching and delivering a single, authoritative answer to users’ questions. Getting started isn’t as hard as it sounds. In fact, with our products, it’s just a three-step process:
- Add Search AI Answers to your site. This SearchBlox product uses artificial intelligence to understand natural language queries then provides a natural language answer using a model we create with your content.
- Build a custom workflow or skill for the voice assistant you want to support: Alexa or Google Home.
- Integrate SearchAI Answers API Endpoint as the answer source for questions.
Watch this short video to see how quickly and easily Alexa helps a customer troubleshoot a website issue.